and I walked to the park today and sat on swings that were too low and decided to present each other with our top 40 favorite movies and then watch them over the summer when we're bored.
She did her list... NOW 'TIS MY TURN.
~ Guilty Pleasure Zone ~
40) High School Musical (2006) - I'm so sorry.
39) Mickey One (1965) - It's so bad it's good.
38) High School Musical 2 (2007) - Second better than the first.
37) Burlesque (2010) - Shut up
36) Barbie Island Princess (2007) - Shut up
35) Barbie Princess and the Pauper (2004) - THE HEART WANTS WHAT THE HEART WANTS
34) Hot Fuzz (2007) - No idea why
33) Letters to Juliet (2010) - I cried a little/lot
32) Silver Linings Playbook (2013) - My family insists that I should be guilty about liking this movie.
31) Camp (2003) - Musical theatre nerds
~ End of Guilty Pleasure Zone ~
TOP 30, not necessarily in the perfect order, except the top 3
30) Aladdin (1992) - It's Aladdin. Need I say more?
29) Forrest Gump (1994) - Lieutenant Dannnn, ice cream...
28) White Christmas (1954) - A Christmas must!
27) Grand Hotel (1932) - I like the book and the musical better, but still, anything Grand Hotel is close to my heart.
26) The Odd Couple (1968) - By Neil Simon, my hero
25) Midnight in Paris (2011) - Woody Allen loveliness
24) Anastasia (1997) - Don Bluth's best, should be a stage musical, but that's just me
23) The Last of Sheila (1973) - (A guilty pleasure I'm never guilty about) Murder and the best people ever all involved in one project and aw man I went way over the limit for our short summary rule oh goddddd...
22) Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942) - Every 4th of July. Bio of George M. Cohan
21) Inherit the Wind (1960) - Monkey trial! Very inspirational
20) Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) - Farcical, hilarious, based on the play
19) Finding Nemo (2003) - C'mon
18) All That Jazz (1979) - Bob Fosse's autobiographical movie; amazing and disturbing
17) Tangled (2010) - Yes, I loved it that much
16) The Princess and the Frog (2009) - Mom and I saw this three times
15) Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939) - Frank Capra hooray
14) Barefoot in the Park (1967) - More Neil Simon!
13) Brighton Beach Memoirs (1986) - Aaand more Neil Simon. This is my favorite of the Eugene trilogy, so I'll list all three by listing this one.
12) MASH (1970) - Not as much as the TV series, but wonderful nonetheless
11) An American in Paris (1951) - Gershwin! Gene Kelly! Ahhh!
10) Gigi (1958) - Louis Jourdan is hot
9) The Music Man (1962) - 76 trombones led the big parade...
8) West Side Story (1961) - C'mon, it's West Side - what's not to love?
7) Singing in the Rain (1952) - I'm siiiiingin' in the rain...
6) The Goodbye Girl (1977) - Neil Simon again. Love it.
5) It's A Wonderful Life (1946) - Frank Capra Christmas tradition
4) Beauty and the Beast (1991) - Always my favorite Disney movie
GABY'S TOP 3 FAVORITE MOVIES, in order:
3) There's No Business Like Show Business (1954) - Love this so much
2) My Favorite Year (1982) - Dick Benjamin's glorious directorial debut
1) The Sunshine Boys (1975) - Neil Simon, Herb Ross, Dick Benjamin, Walter Matthau, George Burns, JUST HOW MARVELOUS CAN YOU GET I ASK YOU
Phew. That was harder than I thought, except for the top 5!!!
And it was fun.
Since you did video/computer games, I'll do that too. Top 5.
5) Super Smash Bros.
4) Fallout: New Vegas
3) Original Super Mario Bros
2) LA Noire
1) The Sims, any system, any time, any place